My oldest son has always been my primary topic. Topic of concern, topic of comedy, topic of angst, topic of humility, topic of learning as a parent, topic of ...well, typically, topic of the first thoughts and words out of my mouth. He has given me a multitude of headaches, heartaches, elated and yet sometimes despondent moments in his 12 years of "US."
I have written throughout these short summer weeks about this child, more than my other three. He is a constant in my writings and observations. At times, he is the bane of my existence and yet, he is irresistibly enchanting at times and my fondness for him is inexplicable, at best.
This morning, i get a call from his piano teacher and for 20 minutes, she tells me how much she has enjoyed Perry as a student as of late. she tells me how congenial he has been and how he blows her away with his intelligence - this makes me laugh. Perry has an untapped intelligence - it is not a clear, "let me blow you away with my knowledge of buoyancy and hydrostatic state of fluid" - but something deeper and unclear that will present itself later in life. I have written about this before. Perry will have an extraordinary life that I can not present myself to even imagine.
Anyway, she called to tell me how charming my son is and it has set my day. I have to cut this short, as my 3 month old is demanding my time. Thanks for listening.
No comments:
Post a Comment