so many hand games to play to decide who is going to be the solo person "it" in a game, or who will be chosen first among friends to participate. This evening, we all gathered to play a family game and Lucy was to decide who was to be first. She signaled for our hands to all be together in the middle of the table and she would chant some age old chant to decipher the leader.
As i wait and listened, I began to think of the chants I used as a kid
*Bubble gum, bubble gum, in a dish...how many pieces do you wish*
*Eenie meenie mienee, moe - catch a tiger by the toe...*
*Cinderella, dressed in yella, went upstairs to kiss a fella*
Lucy comes to the table, points her finger down at each of our hands and begins the innocent rap ---
"Kirbey Puckett
pooped in a bucket,
what color was his poop?"
I thought this was so funny, i had to jot it down and now i am being summoned back to the game.
No comments:
Post a Comment