tonight, into the late evening, as the rain gathers in it's expressive descent upon my flowered deck; i think back to the past couple of hours.
All children were being watched by our fantastic neighbors and friends.
Tonight, I declared to my husband, "I need to be filled up."
Tonight, the two of us took off in the convertible jeep and made our way to a very grown up restaurant...not a child in site. (www.northcoastwayzata.com)
Tonight, my husband showered me with compliments on all spectrum's.
1. mother
2. wife
3. friend
4. katie
it doesn't take much to re-energize when the other to whom you feel so passionate about shares feelings of worthiness, love, adoration and appreciation.
Tonight, i laughed within adult context. I shared educated views. I listened with an intelligent ear. I conversed within a knowing and welcoming theme.
Tonight, our table was void of milk (white or chocolate), pasta, dried chicken, straws and crayons. The waitress did not once say, "Now, hon, watch it because this plate is hot."
The breeze off the lake complimented the clinking of our toasting glasses and the murmuring of adjacent adult conversation mimicked our own song of verse.
Tonight was an exceptional evening to be John and Katie.
Thanks for listening
No comments:
Post a Comment