I am slowly booting up for the day. I get up early for the sole purpose of having quiet time with just me and my cup of coffee. Three sips in and the screen is still a blur and I am cognizant of my fingers typing away; but only realize what I am saying when I see the letters appear upon the screen before me.
Another sip....where do i start....where do i begin
wiping the sleep from my eyes, i focus on later today when my daughter will be coming home from her first weekend away. She is in great loving hands, as she has gone with friends, but the absence of her little body has had an affect upon this family in her short time away. I look up from the monitor and my mind fades to Lucy. Her warm body nestled in mine each and every morning as she hobbles out of her bed and into my arms. Forever and always, I greet her with a soft voice, tender kiss and accepting embrace.
time for a refill, a stretch of the muscles, and a walk outside to get the morning paper....life is good.
Present status:
Perry - asleep on the couch. Woke up early, but couldn't quite stay awake.
John - woke up at 4:30, did some work and now back in bed, only to be awakened in a moment to get ready to go into work for the day as the Twins are playing.
Simon - asleep on his belly. He did this as a baby (as does Sidney) and this is the position you will find him in most times. I will need to get him up to get ready for the early church service this morning, as he is singing in the choir.
Sidney - asleep in our bed....i stand corrected. I just heard his little cry out and as i did, a weakly muttered "Good morning, Mom" came from the adjacent room from the tall boy on the couch.
So, I tie back my hair with one of Lucy's hair bands (my hair is getting too long) and I stare out the window for one last quiet reflection of my self, this time, this morning and this life. My fingers are still typing, but my mind is a little more awake and it is already buzzing with preparation for the day.
Enjoys yours!
Katie
No comments:
Post a Comment