This has to be said - before it escapes the mind forever. For each waking minute we walk on this earth, we constantly check in with ourselves, "Was that a good decision?" "Was I too rude?" "Would this be a good purchase?" "I wonder how my comment was interpreted?" "Am I doing what is right?" Quick analysis is in constant motion.
So, within this time of monitoring of self, where do dreams factor? How does one 'analyze' or 'interpret' the mind when it;s on it's own at night. Are dreams for entertainment sake; giving the mind something to do while the soul sleeps? Should credence be paid to these times of unrealistic directions?
Last night I had a dream and to even begin to peel apart the layers of interpretation is impractical.
~~ Angelina Jolie needed my help. She was about to go into labor and her nurse needed to clock in for her 15 minute break. I stepped in (as any non medical professional would) to assist. She had arranged for a water birth; so i pulled in my large cynlindrically shaped aluminum container and i filled it up with 'warm' water. She was somehow able to fit most of her torso in the bin ( she was very agile at 9 months). I told her that for a water birth, she would have to have her face submerged. I told her that this is what she has been preparing for and her breathing techniques will prevent her from drowning. And so she did. She submerged her face underwater and by now, the rest of her body was sticking out of the container and she was ready to give birth.
Her face (under water) created an obstacle for communication, so - in my best efforts, i signed to her the directions. I was completely calm and relaxed and surprised at the fluidity of my sign language.
Angelina's delivery was without significance. She delivered a healthy 12 year old, long blond haired (with dread locks) girl who named herself Elizabeth. When i went to cut the umbilical chord, (Elizabeth wanted it extra long so that she could put some plastic beads on it), i was unable to find decent surgical scissors, and reaching into my own personal diaper bag, i was able to attain a very used pair of Fiskars Kid Scissors. It took effort and muscle power of course, but in the end, the umbilical chord was cut!
Meanwhile, the water was getting cold, and Angelina wanted to get dressed. A lab tech came in, assessed my job and Elizabeth was on her way to meet up and introduce herself to her new family members. She showed great interest when mentioned that there was a Wii at home.
The remains of the dream alter within a feeble story line and not worth mentioning (smile).
These involuntary ideas, emotions and sensations are quite speculative. How does the waking mind even begin to interpret these captivating neural processes? And what reflections of self do they portray?
Thanks for listening.
No comments:
Post a Comment