
Each week, Thursday afternoons to be exact, an email arrives to remind me how many weeks I have left before this new life force nestles himself into an already existing and often chaotic environment. I am now 30 weeks; and with scheduled c-section in place, I have 9 weeks for countdown. 9 weeks of countdown!
I look at the blinking cursor and attempt to minutely comprehend any or all of this. The placement doesn't fit. The friend who has wanted nothing more than another child to love, the uncle who, potentially, has less than 9 weeks to live, the monumental life choices that now scream to a stop and the soulful journey it has taken to accept and love this being...that just doesn't fit. 9 weeks to countdown. Humanly, I am frantically fitting my own life together. Spiritually, i am frantically fitting it all together - but my heart can not deny the acceptance of it all.
I have to cut this short. The counter top for our bathroom sink is now arriving. Another piece to fit together as this 9 week countdown continues.
No comments:
Post a Comment