9:08pm ~~ 17 degrees (but feels like 8)
The garage door opens and the car pulls out. This man will drive down to the store to get his wife a treasured Reese's Peanut Butter Cup.
1991- this man comes home from Dessert Storm --into the early morning hours, we get in the car and take a drive. Among many other details, this drive includes a stop at a local gas station for a Reese'sPeanut Butter Cup
1993 - 8pm - after the I do's have been said and the pictures have been taken, I take step into the limousine and on my seat is a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup.
Through the years, many heart felt exchanges and stressed discussions within our relationship - this man makes the argument that he might not be the perfect husband, but he *does* bring me home Reese's Peanut Butter Cups (smile).
Many times on his way home from work, I send him to the store to pick up extraneous materials -upon arrival home, sitting at the top of the bag is my Reese's.
This evening, after spending time with his family and the house quieted down from the clatter of his children, he places his hand upon my belly, nods knowingly and says, "I know what you want, I will be right back."
There are far too many facets to this man to list and I am not only clinging onto one that selfishly deals with my sweet tooth; it simply made me smile this evening to watch him get off the couch, grab the keys and say, "I will be right back."
No comments:
Post a Comment