Search This Blog

Saturday, May 28, 2011

We Did It

This was an email i sent out to a very small core of volunteers who worked tirelessly on a house for the past 6 days.  It was an undertaking.  I have survived on 4-5 hours of sleep a night with long physical days, but, tonight, I ate dinner with my children, I played hide and go seek and now, I am going to take a well deserved shower.

5:23pm and I sit on my couch, knowing that I will get a restful sleep tonight, have dinner with my family, and get up in the morning, go to church and praise God for the astonishing and phenomenal journey He laid out before us this past week. Some of us survived on Ibuprofen, others went to a chiropractor, others took the day off, one is sick in bed, some cracked open a beer or poured out a glass of wine to get through the hours that each of us significantly gave to pave the way within this new journey of Joy and her children.



WE DID IT!

We painted, we scrubbed, we tore up, we breathed in questionable contents, and we prayed.  We moved, we hauled, we lifted, we got down on our hands and knees, we stretched, we reached and we prayed. We organized, we designed, we shopped, we cried, we laughed, a few of us danced, we made executive decisions and we prayed. Our focus was never lost or compromised and this clearly kept the beat to our momentum.



WE DID IT!!


I toast all of you! I thank you for…. I thank you for allowing me to come into your life, a stranger at first, and let me facilitate our talents as a core group.


WE DID IT!


We can be proud tonight. We can be grateful for God’s ultimate love for his daughter, Joy. We can cry as we think of them walking through that doorway (NEW doorway, might I add…thank you Matt from Home Depot) and know that they must continue…continue within the newness of the other. Continue in building and relying on the one who stands by them and continue in their unshaken and fervent strength in God. But, we can rejoice as we know that we have lifted them up and have placed each and every one of them deep in our heart and they know that. We can be happy because……


WE DID IT.
My love goes out to you!
Thank you,
Katie





No comments: