Is it social skills, lack of parenting technique, teenage brain syndrome or simply, Perry? Sometimes I wonder, when he leaves the house, will he ever return?
Our telephone conversations:
"Hi Mom. I was wondering if I could invite a friend over?"
"That sounds fine - (fill in with miscellaneous mom stuff) Is everything okay at the house?"
"Ya."
"Alright, then, I should be home shortly. I love you."
" Okay. Bye"
click
"Hi Mom, Simon wants to know if he can invite Sam over?"
"That's okay with me - but is the baby still asleep?"
"Ya."
"You guys would have to be really quiet, if he comes over."
"I know."
"Well, I am on my way home, and should be there soon. Thanks for babysitting and being responsible. I love you."
"Okay. Bye"
click
"Hi Perry - how is your road trip going with dad?"
"Good."
"Are you and dad keeping each other company?"
"I guess."
"How many hours do you think you have left to drive?"
"I dunno."
"Why don't you hand the phone over to dad. Hey - I love you and miss you. The house is pretty quiet."
"Okay. Bye."
click
"Mom, can you pick me up a pack of AA batteries?"
"Sure. Anything else?"
"Ya, can you also get me something to snack on?"
"Give me examples?"
"I dunno. Something I would like."
"I think i can do that. Anything else?"
"Nope. Bye."
Click
No comments:
Post a Comment