Today, after entering the house at 5:00, my oldest says, "I'm going to my friends house, I will be back by dinner!" I reply, "No, stay home for a bit. You have been gone all day." and the great come back is: "Ya, so.....so have you." I tell him that I had no choice in the matter and he argues that I do. I *do* in fact have a choice in the matter. I guess that is true.
Here are my choices from morning until now
1. Should I take my aspirin with my coffee or at the end of the day after all the driving and incessant beeping of road construction trucks backing up in my neighborhood all day long. Hindering any kind of easy transportation in and out.
1A. Do I sit with oldest child that is doing summer school in home and help guide him through - teaching him the basics of spelling and writing and math, or do I take my coffee on the deck and close the door on all children.
2. Do I take child to swimming before or after I lay down the crabby baby for his nap.
3. Do I spend simon's 35 minute swim time running to shops to make sure the little sister has gifts to open tomorrow - as she will be away on her birthday, so we will celebrate it tomorrow - or do i wait until 9pm when all are asleep.
4. Do i drive down *this* street that is blocked by construction crews; not allowing me into my street, or should i drive down *that* street that is blocked by construction crews, not allowing me into my street.
5. Do I wake up sleeping baby before or after I take second child to swimming lessons and how is it that I am going to fit in third child's piano lesson again?
6. Should I spend 35 minutes of my precious day talking to a T-Mobile tech support guy or should I just let my broken phone sit on the table without anyone being able to get ahold me me
7. Which mall should I go to, to pick up my 'loner' cell phone. the one that is 4.5 miles away or the one that is 5.2 miles away. Wow, this day really *was* packed with choices.
8. Should I walk all the way back up to my house (car is parked on a different street) after i forgot a very important piece of paper? or run the risk of salesperson not being able to help me because I dont have the piece of paper?
9. Should I leave the baby in the car or should I bring him with me, all the way up the street on a very hot day? (ended up taking jeep into street and parking quickly at neighbors house - engine running, katie running, you get the point.
10. Should I take the little girl so proud of her "Summer Reading" accomplishment to Barnes and Noble now for her reward (as she is begging), or maybe another day when things aren't as hectic.
11. What should we have for dinner?
So, I have plenty of choices - my oldest was right.
No comments:
Post a Comment