Within varied cultures; different rituals, time markings, processes and observations take place during pregnancy. In this tumultuous culture; our 'rituals' or 'traditions' are remarkably signified by a commotion of activity.
Accomplished scientists and researched practitioners have marked this time – defining it’s moment --- Nesting. The word nesting sounds peaceful, melodic, and visually beautiful.
My world is void of this tranquil bubble of space. It has been somehow popped and interrupted. My blood surges in anticipation; not of quiet preparation but of an unrequited momentum.
The roller coaster car reaches the top of its mark and with complete force of gravity, it screams down the rails, converting all potential energy into kinetic energy. I am accelerating from a restful state to a rapid velocity. My reality is satiated with potential and I await the transference with one deep breath after the next.
Closing of eyes, bowing of head, serenity request - deep breath.
Here I go, down the slope, picking up speed and ardent desire. Will I rest at the end with elated exasperation? Desolate frustration? Or a permeated contentment that the end of my journey is complete….or is it? The roller coaster begins again and I am off.
No comments:
Post a Comment