Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

10 minutes

10 minutes passing quickly

10 minutes


10 minutes ...advantage

10 minutes


9 minutes...something needs to be said, something needs to be heard, something needs to be understood.

9 minutes.


8 minutes: my oldest son walks through my bedroom door wearing a 4 day old shirt. In his 8 minutes, he is printing out a map of Gettysburg

8 minutes


7 minutes...my middle son sits on the couch reading his newest acquisition. He will spend these 7 minutes lost in his own world of words, and chosen expressions

7 minutes


6 minutes...my youngest is beside me in mismatched blue pajamas. Yesterday I celebrated her in my quiet way as I saw two mismatched socks on her feet; "She's back!" I happily observed.

6 minutes


5 minutes...it is crucial I profit from this time. Tick, Tick, Tick...gone

5 minutes


4 minutes...a slight anxiousness settles within me. Breakfast, noise, escalating volume of conversation coupled with exploding problems and situations

4 minutes


3 minutes.....my feet shift under the blankets and i begin to think of what to wear. How will i BEGIN my day with my children? How will I approach the shattering of quiet?

3 minutes


2 minutes....a needed observation of time. Quiet. Heated air from the ducts, piano keys mathematical and rhythmic, noses sniffling, and the soundless beauty of falling snow

2 minutes


1 minute....this is all i have. 60 seconds before take off. time -- filling day with ringing telephones, papers shifting, doors opening, feet running, music playing. I will recall these 10 minutes and take into account these past moments of time.

1 minute

1 minute

1 minute

Gone.

1 comment:

.kp. said...

if you only knew how much i love your writing!

sorry i couldnt talk much today. i felt disconnected after i left. hope you are doing well.

talk monday, i guess?