Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

....hang on....

I have heard this phrase more than once today and now the pressure is on!

Rooms still need to be painted, showers still need to be tiled, wood still needs to be stained and yet, i have been able to let go. I found peace within and found the blessings throughout.

"....i hope you can hang on..." says the ultrasound technician when she tells me that the baby is set to go. "He is just really down there isn't he?"

"Are you hanging in there?" asks my doctor as he confirms the abundant action of my son.

There is a light unsettling of my peaceful mind. Within the quiet moments; the "what ifs" creep in without notice. The 'what-ifs' settle and begin to churn.

I make my way to Target to gather the odd assortment ~ socks for me, baskets for baby's laundry, memory storage boxes. I smile now - but within the bustling processes of 'what-if',' i grab what makes sense. What makes sense? I welcome the 'what ifs' and plan out the remainder of the week...school for kids, home depot visits with family, the list of ' I needs' and ' I wants'

I am hanging in there and this is but a snippet of my moment in time.

No comments: