Search This Blog

Thursday, February 18, 2010

The Easy Way Out

Recenly, I had a discussion with my oldest son about taking the easy way out. He has this gift since he was a toddler - being able to manipulate and seeing the bar for what it is. He will even say, "I am going to work for a B because I am content with a B.

So, in honor of him, i am taking the easy way out. I am posting my Facebook feeds - I have not visited this blog for a while and as i prepare for a poetry class i am teaching tomorrow, I take a break to fill this blog --- for the 1 - 2 people that read it.

9 minutes ago · ·
Katie Schuman Avenson
Katie Schuman Avenson

Katie Schuman Avenson Piano lessons, Dance Brazil at the Ordway Theater, and a touch of writing. Quite the Right Hemispheric kinda day today.


Katie Schuman Avenson

Katie Schuman Avenson Baseball season is here!! I have been informed to not look for my husband until sometime in October.

12 hours ago · ·
Kellie Cripe
Kellie Cripe
Did they put in the cot?
12 hours ago ·
Katie Schuman Avenson
Katie Schuman Avenson
I have told him they missed the mark when designing that place -- some guys actually have apartments downtown.
11 hours ago ·
Kelly McKenzie Johnson
Kelly McKenzie Johnson
Have him make sure they sign Joe up for another decade! IT handles that, right?
41 minutes ago ·
Katie Schuman Avenson

Katie Schuman Avenson Game of Earthopoly (monopoly but 'earth eco' version) and then off to Feed My Starving Children to package food for Haiti. However, coffee first!

Yesterday at 8:37am · ·


Katie Schuman Avenson

Katie Schuman Avenson The boy literally driving our family.

Tue at 12:57pm via Facebook for Android · · · Share
Katie Schuman Avenson

Katie Schuman Avenson Sitting in corner in son's writing class, correcting his paper that I have not had a chance to preview until now. So fantastically proud of his talents.


Katie Schuman Avenson

Katie Schuman Avenson Sick child, birthday party, Valentines party, nap time for baby----HA HA HA, I stand tall and laugh in the face of ...whomever I am supposed to be laughing in the face at.

Mon at 8:54am · ·
Jennifer Graves
Jennifer Graves
If you don't laugh, you might cry. Keep laughing, even if it is somewhat maniacal.
Mon at 9:12am ·
Alison Myers Gulden
Alison Myers Gulden
Great party, Katie! Thanks a million! You ROCK..........who's sick, btw??
Mon at 5:02pm ·
Katie Schuman Avenson
Katie Schuman Avenson
Lucy was up all night...literally up all night in the bathroom. She and I slept together last night
Mon at 6:30pm ·

Missy Paul Beck
Missy Paul Beck
The party really was amazing. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!
Katie Schuman Avenson

Katie Schuman Avenson is finished with creating a Valentine Disco CD. "Get down....boogie oooogie ooogie....get down.."

February 14 at 10:52pm · ·
Katie Schuman Avenson

Katie Schuman Avenson Preparing to host vday party with 30 kids and 13 adults. Looks like my baking is a semi success.

Beth Campau Kraus
Beth Campau Kraus
So festive! Let us know how it tastes!
February 14 at 1:34pm ·
Anita Eng
Anita Eng
very impressive!
February 14 at 2:46pm ·
Katie Schuman Avenson

Katie Schuman Avenson A sign of things to come...stay tuned.

Katie Schuman Avenson
Katie Schuman Avenson

Katie Schuman Avenson is doing something COMPLETELY out of her comfort zone.

February 14 at 7:37am · ·
Katie Schuman Avenson

Katie Schuman Avenson i can listen to her all day long.

www.youtube.com
K.D. Lang's Juno Awards in Winnipeg in 2005 Performance on Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah. Thank you Ken!
February 13 at 12:53am · · · Share
Missy Paul Beck
Missy Paul Beck
I did not know that about you. :-)
February 13 at 8:33am ·
Katie Schuman Avenson
Katie Schuman Avenson
you're up early. Yep - have her CDs, play her when i can. her voice is like bu-dah (butter)
about 5 years ago, i made john a video of me (pretending to be KD Lang) - singing her songs. Funny.
February 13 at 10:14am ·
Carla Westerberg Burke
Carla Westerberg Burke
love the applause at the end! :)
February 13 at 1:43pm ·


Katie Schuman Avenson

Katie Schuman Avenson I was so happy to see k.d. lang at the opening ceremonies. One of my favorite female artists.

February 12 at 11:04pm · ·

Katie Schuman Avenson
so tired of cleaning up other people's messes. My complaint for day - looking forward to the weekend.
February 12 at 5:36pm · ·
Karri Holman
Karri Holman
i feel your pain
February 12 at 6:44pm ·
Katie Schuman Avenson
Katie Schuman Avenson
thanks karri! Really looking forward to lunch.
February 12 at 8:19pm ·
Annie McCarthy
Annie McCarthy
I'm with you on that Katie, looking forward to a lonnnngggg weekend
February 12 at 9:17pm ·
Beth Campau Kraus
Beth Campau Kraus
It does get old, hang in there!
February 13 at 8:48am ·
Katie Schuman Avenson
Katie Schuman Avenson
Katie Schuman Avenson
Harry Potter chess game with Perry at coffee shop before confirmation class
February 10 at 6:09pm ·
Kellie Cripe
Kellie Cripe
Very nice. I played Lord of the Rings chess with Cael and then Kaity tonight as well ;-)
February 10 at 9:19pm ·

Katie Schuman Avenson

Katie Schuman Avenson Library...quiet and relaxing. Nice beginning to the week.

Katie Schuman Avenson
February 8 at 11:07am via Facebook Mobile · Share
Katie Schuman Avenson

Katie Schuman Avenson Wondering why new right boot felt tighter than the left. Cardboard was still in right boot. Only two days of wearing to figure this out.

Jennifer Graves
Jennifer Graves
I just bought new shoes online for Mike, and he complained the first day (yesterday) that they were too tight. While walking past the shoes in the hall, I noticed a piece of loose cardboard in one of them. Ha! He says they feel much better today without the cardboard. ;-) Funny that he did the same thing you did just a couple of days after you!
February 11 at 8:20am ·
Katie Schuman Avenson
Katie Schuman Avenson
brought a smile to my face.
February 14 at 10:55pm ·
Katie Schuman Avenson

Katie Schuman Avenson Social Experiment: How long will family members step over small bathroom trashcan - in pathway of boys' bedroom before emptying it? So far, 3 days.

February 6 at 3:59pm · ·
Katie Schuman Avenson
Katie Schuman Avenson
Trashcan was emptied as per fathers instruction....but put back right where it was found....in the middle of the hallway.
February 7 at 2:04pm ·
Karen Eng
Karen Eng
Baby steps...
February 7 at 4:31pm ·

Katie Schuman Avenson

Katie Schuman Avenson My son is off to school dance. No friends in his small group will make it tonight, but he is going anyway. I am envious of his strong character.

Staci Riley Caillé
Staci Riley Caillé
I'm sure he's having a great time! Romain wanted to go....next time!
February 5 at 9:22pm ·
Katie Schuman Avenson

Katie Schuman Avenson Teaching a poetry class tomorrow. I am very excited. Maybe I will even have time to write....smile

Karen Eng
Karen Eng
Cool! What's on the agenda? Can I join in? :)
February 4 at 5:18pm ·
Missy Paul Beck
Missy Paul Beck
Have to tell you.....Greta LOVED LOVED LOVED this class!!! Thank you so much for teaching it!
February 5 at 2:37pm ·
Katie Schuman Avenson
Katie Schuman Avenson
one of the things that i like about you is whenever you say the word love, you always triple it.
February 5 at 3:44pm ·
Katie Schuman Avenson

Katie Schuman Avenson Mall of America is a good place for baby to mess through entire wardrobe. Lots of stores to buy new supplement outfit.

Kristy Miklas
Kristy Miklas
LOL...it's always nice to have a good excuse to shop and spend money. Have fun!
February 4 at 11:35am ·
Katie Schuman Avenson

Katie Schuman Avenson Field trip to rainforest cafe

Katie Schuman Avenson
Katie Schuman Avenson

Katie Schuman Avenson building an electroscope in science today. Oh yes, the 'ol electroscope experiment. Smile.


So, that is about it. The easy way out for the moment.

No comments: