Search This Blog

Monday, March 3, 2008

Daybook TIme

I sit in this sunny corner of my room. Simon has once again been assigned the music and we are listening to B-52s - PLANET CLAIRE. It is hard not to bop around while typing. We are beginning an official week of school. the last two weeks have been rather sporadic with field trips, family matters and a trip out to California. So, the four of us ist in this sound filled environment, writing away.

We continue on our study of the Revolutionary War. I am trying to figure out where i can stop - but there is so much intriguing information. I would like to be done by late spring so that we may begin the Civil War. But I also have the War of 1812 to squeeze in. As I think out loud, i think that one year (such as this year) we will concentrate on American Wars and the following we will concentrate on explorers and inventors - within the same time frame. There is a world awaiting for us with Lewis and Clark.

All three seem to be committed to working through a home school environment for another year. When I tell my husband this, he supports the idea; but if i told him that i am taking the kids back to school and i will be going backto teaching, he would support that as well - as well as the idea of me playing tennis and eating ice cream every day.

One of my favorite B-52 songs is coming on. I need to gel and listen.

"Roll it over it your mind. Why don't you dance with me; i'm not no linberger. Why don't dance with me...i'm not no linberger. Just a linberger. Just a linberger. Dance this mess around. Dance this mess around. Everybody goes to parties, they dance this messa round. They do all 16 dances. They do the cookaloo - they do the shy tuna. They do the camel walk. They do the hypocrit. Hippy hippy boy hippy hippy shake." Okay, enough of that.

No comments: