Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Randomness

Daybook Log

Today is Perry's day to pick the music. In keeping with Perry's personality, he contemplated and complained and decided to hit the random button. Perry; the random soul. We listened to Seal first and now there is some artist that i don't recognize. It might be Sinead; but i am not sure, maybe Allison Kraus. Hmmm.

This morning, I woke up at 8am and all three children were joyfully approaching me, saying they are half way done with their schoool work. Perry and Simon had been up since 6am. We are currently looking at 10:30 in the morning and we have one last item to attend to and the day is free.

Snuggle Time:
Sometimes I dread this time. I am not a person who can relax during the day. When 8:00 or 9:00 at night rolls around; then i can relax. So, to make time to sit on my bed and snuggle, or talk or play with stuffed animals takes a lot out of me. This time seems different to me than regular play time. Maybe because it is an "organized" amount of time to relax. It just gets to me - although, i know it is the kids' favorite part of their day.

Perry: this morning for snuggle time, Perry shared with me his valentine he made for me and then he wanted to show me how he can make his bed into something really comfy. "I don't know how i have the talent for making comfy beds, but i really know how to make them well. I even know how to make it without getting wrinkles in it. i will teach you."

Lucy: Lucy's time this morning consisted of getting out the book of questions. One question was, "Who drives you crazy?" she responded that her brother Perry drives her crazy. "Perry drives me crazy because of all the funny-ness he does! WHAT? He really does!"

Last sentence of the day:
When i am given the time to relax -and it is etched out for me - why do i complain? AND, why do I complain throughout the day that I don't have enough time?

No comments: