Almost 9 months ago, I said out loud, "I HAVE to change that bathroom. I began to write emails and make phone calls. On April 19th, I was given the go ahead by Home Depot Corporate Office to call my local Home Depot and make arrangements for assisting me in this desire of change. That was 7 months ago that I have been physically active in all accounts trying my hardest in doing something extraordinary good for a friend and her children after the death of her husband. The vision of his moment had to be erased.
A demolished bathroom and remodel all done quickly in a weeks time. Donated material from HD was free but cheap. Plumber was free and took short cuts to get job done. Visual looked good, but in days time, turned out to be a non-working bath and shower.
Take 2: New Plumber - expert plumber. Paid Plumber. Leveled an uneven tub, but in the process, the cheap tub took a beating and began to flex in places it shouldn't have. Water began to pool in places and within days, began to drain over the edges of the tub - creating a waterfall effect onto the floor.
Called plumber back, met at the home, assessed the bathroom issue and concluded that the tub must come out. A top of the line model is what is needed to sustain this family. Again, back on the phone, talking to tub reps, Home Depot managers, UPS delivery, and plumber.
Almost 3 weeks ago, I ordered the tub that came by recommendation - as Home Depot does not carry a tub of that size in their store front, but they do sell it online. I order the tub and schedule the plumber for today (Wednesday). I met him there at 9am, he took out the surround, took out the tub, through it all in the dumpster that is now on the driveway and went to get the new tub. He and his co-worker bring it in, get into the bathroom and shout my name. "It's backwards. The drain is on the wrong side. We need a right hand tub and this is a left hand tub."
Back on the phone. Plumber makes calls to all his contacts. "Is there anyway to get a 32" tub here today?" is the question of the hour and he and I pass each other up in our paces of the floor.
It is concluded that I need to go into Home Depot and have a meeting with the Store Manager. A bit of face to face time. A bit of time that I can not afford. The 2 year old has not napped all day, has not had a decent lunch and is now going with me to a meeting of sorts.
Sitting down for 40 minutes, the Manager and I find out that Home Depot Online does not sell a RH Tub, but only a left hand one. The right hand tub has to be special ordered and no, they can not express deliver it because it is too big. It will take an additional 12 days for delivery.
I left defeated. tears in my eyes. This family now has no tub in their bathroom. No shower for 12 days.
This is not how the picture was to look like 7 months ago. Why is this room giving me such constant issue? When I have that answer, I will share it with you.
Thanks for listening.
http://davidplaisted.bbnow.org/

No comments:
Post a Comment