September is in the air. As soon as it appeared - i knew that transistion this year would be the most significant in quite some time.
Today, the kids play outside across the street in a pool of water. This is no longer something to look forward to, but a siezing of the day. Sweaters, jeans, scarves, hats, and soon to be mittens, jackets, boots and sleds. The children in bathing suits, the ones laying upon the grass with eyes closed in the sun's rays will soon be rolling snow balls, creating snowmen, snowforts and coming in wet, red nosed and asking for hot chocolate.
Transistion
I am not one to accept transition well. I need to have control over almost everything that is thrown my way. If i could mark transistion on the calendar, I would.
So, i ease into it. I prepare slowly. I educate myself with resources and I plan.
The loud music plays on the driveway as my oldest has rigged up two more speakers to continue in the flair of his life.He *is* transition. I would like to say i envy this about him, but i do not. I believe he will always be a fly by the seat of your pants guy. The party will always be at Perry's Place.
I wanted to sit down and write, but with the windows open, my mind on 9/11, my attention to the little bodies outside in play, it just isn't coming.
I am in need of transition. I am in need of placement. I am turning that page and it is blank - welcoming me to fill it. Next September, I will look back on today and reflect on how i did it. How did i step into something i knew nothing about. How did i transpire in that past year without a plan in place.
Today marks my first day.
Thank you for listening.
No comments:
Post a Comment