Search This Blog

Saturday, June 11, 2011

The Road Less Traveled

This is an overly used title and for that matter, so it the phrase...I am having difficulty lately with titles, i suppose.  I am also having incredible difficulty of  navigating the road I am on.  I am not sure whom to listen to, whom to advise, whom to walk away from, and whom to cut ties with.  I have chosen this road, this is clear.  I saw it and without even looking at the map ahead, I stepped on blindly and began my journey.  I have written about this quite a few times, whether it be on my blog, in my journals or on napkins at coffee shops - laugh. 

I have taken the Road Less Traveled and on this path, i have met with many faulty characters - characters in costume that believe they are able to walk the same walk.  On the same road, there have been exemplary experiences, honored individuals, and confounding views.  I have been educated along the way and have harnessed a knowledge that was not within sight before.

Today, I question the reason for these other 'players' I cross paths during this walk.  Why are they there?  Why do they show such hypocrisy when this road does not allow for such character?  I know this does not all belong to me and I am never to say I am not at fault; but the blatancy of such acts has me questions their presence.

I simply need to get this in writing - that is all. To cast it to the wind and to be no more.  But I have to be honest when I say I want to scream and shout, "Get off the road!"

I am not sure how this comes across.  I am troubled.  That is all.  Troubled that there are people out there who jump out in this path i am taking and challenge me with great insincerity, blindness and hypocrisy.

No comments: