Search This Blog

Monday, September 21, 2009

Time is Circuitous


I don't have much to say this morning; but the time is presenting itself and I must take advantage. Presently, Lucy is learning her state capitals, Simon is quizzing himself on a book, Sidney is asleep and Perry is in Science class.

I observe time; my time, time around, the wavering elements of it's beauty. In quiet contemplation, i reach back within it's continuum; and it's space within.

The markings of who we are and to whom we shall become, perform within this expression of time; each second marking it's permanence upon us within its fleeting moments.

One word, one suggestion, one body movement, etches with indelible marks; creating, masking, hurting, seeping, building upon the other.

I see this time affect on my children as they grow. As they grow and experience each step that leads to conclusion. I look to the past and reflect upon my own life, my own time as a young girl, a naive teen, a curious adult. I am a director of time. I am a conductor to it's orchestral ensemble and in reflection, begin to think of my children's time.

the 12 year old expands within his world and as he enters the teenage continuum, we see a repetition of time. The vocabulary is the same, the tears are the same, the confusion is the same. The time that 'once was' is now apart of a family's dialogue. How will Time ease it's presence into the 12 year old existence. What will this time bring within later journeys - strength? character? darkness? confusion? understanding? Only Time will tell.

Thanks for listening

No comments: