The last couple of postings, i have documented my days; My days as a mother of 4. This morning, I am quietly observing a rare moment of ordinary focus.
Sitting on one of two leather chairs in our living room; lap top resting on my legs and checking email. Simon and Lucy sitting on their father's lap, who sits in the twin leather chair to my right; laughing and giggling over the silliness of their daddy. Sidney down below chewing on a fluffy toy, kicking his feet,rolling around and being laughed at as he rolls onto the wood floor and off of his green polka dotted blanket. Occasionally, he looks up to his siblings, gurgles out his dolcet song and once again, finds enticement with his 4 legged furry friend.
The oldest boy, recognizing it is Labor Day, has not made a sound. He is up, but enjoying the independent moments of solitude and quiet his downstairs room offers.
The clock is ticking just a little bit slower this morning, the sun has taken it's time in rising to it's day. My children revel in their father's presence and I take it all in with another sip of coffee.
Soon, I will be compelled to sit up a little straighter, close the lap top and in top drill Sergeant fashion, I will ask what the plans are of the day. By days end, things will need to be checked off the lists, materials will need to be in order and I will find rest with satisfied conclusion.
Time has shifted. Simon is at the bar eating breakfast. Lucy is still nestled within her daddy's arms, and the 6 month old is battling with the green polka dotted blanket -- reasoning out the blankets 'consumable factor.' Every now and again, his gurggles get louder as he gets lost wtihin the blanket that covers his head. There is still no sound from the depths of the pre-teen room.
I close my lap top, take in my surroundings. It is time for me to enjoy the quiet. Another cup of coffee, some solitude on my deck with quiet reflection. the day will be picking up speed and i will become lost within translastion.
Stop.
No comments:
Post a Comment