This afternoon, in a quick email to my husband, i declare my intentions of escape. Lingering about in the evening hours, no attachment to plans or minutes. My insides smiled with anticipated awareness.
Preparing a meal with brothers chasing the other around table and infant in arms, sounding off in vocal forte, my precious ambition wanes. My yawns trickle in as the sounds of my offspring resound.
Dinner time takes hold and the chatter of each participant blindly continues as I fade. A shower excuses my presence. I take off one nursing tank top to only replace it with the next.
My aspiration to leave is replaced by a desire to be curled up in bed.
I shall be awakened from the depths of my slumber by the longing cry of my 2 month old son. We will rock in the dark of night. We will rock in the silence of night. We will rock in the tranquility of night.
My head tilts back into the pillow. The heaviness of it's weight dictates a near ending of to days passage. It is me, the mom.
This is all I've got at the moment.
No comments:
Post a Comment