Search This Blog

Monday, March 2, 2009

This is the latest journal entry that I have written for this baby to be. I can only assume that one day, his wife might enjoy the effort (smile).

Hello Sidney:

Yes, I said, Sidney. This is your name. 37 weeks and we have called you by name. You have wrapped yourself within the gray matter of my soul and I cannot escape you…Sidney.

Racing thoughts compete for attention; all astray within the prominent thought of you…Sidney.

Days are not our own and we watch the clock intently, continuing the fury of advancement towards you; marking your existence with ambitious efforts. We are reaching for you, yearning for you and deciphering where we all fit within this interpretation of self….Sidney.

The countdown of days has been a bittersweet symphony and parallel to the crowded New York streets on the eve of the new year. As the ball drops and the seconds indicate finality, the clatter of sound increases, the clamor of activity amplifies, and the exhilaration of thoughts mounts to satisfied conclusion.

God has known you. He has known your name. He has known of your time. Within my flawed human realism, it has taken me much longer.

Today, I now call you by name…Sidney Hans Avenson.

I love you. Mom