Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

History Shared

Today is a historical day.

I can say with confidence that every day is historical within reason and each piece of the passing minutes contribute to memories and building of ones character. Today, however, my children will be telling stories for generations. "I was there, with my parents, as they voted on the historical day." We will be watching the campaign on TV this evening and memories will slowly form in the folds of gray matter. Each child will cling onto relevant and significant moments.

How will this day unfold? I am not sure...we have hours to wait. How will the election results affect the minds and psyche of the American culture? I am not sure.....we have hours to wait. Will division of minds overpower the possibility of bonded union...we have hours to wait.

Whatever happens, whatever events transpire, whatever erupted cacophony prevails; November 4 is historic, and I can share that my day is far more significant now that I got to experience it with my children.

No comments: