Search This Blog

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Was I Just in Paris?

I am not sure where I have been or where I am going.  I am unable to hold long conversations or for that matter, piece together coherent sentences.  My heavy eyelids direct an attention to my bed, but with each passing exhale, I feel I am losing pieces of an experience that must be written down - for one day, I will be asking myself, "Was I in Paris?"

Friday morning >> up at 6:10am, get perry out of bed and spend the morning with him before his departure at 7:13.  Get the others up and all are out the door for chess club by 7:45.  Make final lists, pack up the suitcase (no, did not pack until Friday departure....but it was 'all in my head') and do final clean up job so house is picked up for Daddy.  John and kids home by 9am.  All get back into car to take me to the airport. 11am - US Airways Flight 700 departs.  Adding in the layover, I arrived in Frankfurt at 6:30am Saturday morning  (CET)...11:30pm central time.  Nieces greeted me at the door at 7:30am and we were off to a fulfilling day of breakfast, basketball games, shopping in downtown Frankfurt, lunch, more basketball, dinner and Michael Jackson Wii dancing.  My head hit the pillow at 11:00pm (CET time)....4pm Saturday central time.  I had been up for 34 hours.

Sunday  morning> up at 7:30 to make train out of Frankfurt by 9am.  Erin had arranged first class tickets on train ride into Paris.  4 hours of talking and laughing.  Arrive in Paris shortly after 1pm. Check in and hit the town: Musee d' Orsay, lunch, drinks, espresso, grande ferris wheel overlooking Paris, and scrumptious dinner.  Back at hotel, we get to bed around 10:30.  I am unable to fall asleep.  At 2am, I am up and writing emails.  by 4am, i am finally asleep.

Monday  Morning > up early for breakfast.  10am, Erin has booked an appointment at a Moroccan Spa.  We check in and we check out around 2pm.  Relaxing.  The remainder of the day is simple - leisurely walks around the streets of Paris.  Time together, shopping, stopping for great food and drink, more shopping and walking.  See all the great sites - but only in passing.  Paris understood that it was 'sister time', so, it did not pressure us in anyway. Good people watching. The day goes by fast and we stop and another great restaurant for a late dinner. In bed by 11pm and I sleep the entire night.

Tuesday Morning > up by 8am.  out the door and check out of our hotel room.  Leave bags to pick up later.  Breakfast, and more walking around.  Enjoying the company of the other.  Lots of shops, lots of espresso.  We spend the day on the town and are back at the train station by 6:30 to catch the 7pm train back to Frankfurt.  12:00 arrival back home

Wednesday >>  up at 6:30am to see the girls off to school.  Enjoy breakfast with them, give them big hugs and kisses and wave good bye as they board the bus.  9:00, Erin and I are out the door to the airport.  Plane departs shortly before 12pm. On the plane, traveling through time. Arrive by 9pm ( 4am CET time) and back in my own bed by 11pm that evening.

Was I really just in Paris?







1 comment:

Kellie-Ann said...

Yes you were friend. If I never go to Paris for the weekend - I can say I had a friend who did :) Thanks for sharing your story.