88.5 fm is a public jazz station in Minneapolis. I thought of this as I glanced down at the spedometor when pulling into our driveway last night at 9:30pm. I had been in the car most of the day and had traveled 88.5 miles round trip.
The morning began quietly. 6:15, sitting with my coffee, a homemade waffle and my 12 year old son; yawning and waking up as he ate his breakfast. The conversaton was quiet as we both took in the other.
By 9:30, we were in full swing. The remaining family members (simon, lucy, sidney and me) piled into the car and headed off to TEACH for Simon's writing class. the class ended at 11:00. We were able to get into the car (it was pouring rain by this time) and feed and quiet down Sidney. We then made our way to the Arboretum, where we were to be participants in a Mother Earth class 12:00 - 2:00. During this time, Lucy began to feel a bit funky. I pulled her out and gave her some medicine. During the class, Sidney and I traversed the halls as well as escaped to the bathroom, for some oddly positioned nursing moments.
At 1:40, I pulled the kids out of class. We ran to the car in the rain and we were off to art class. This is a parent led art class that meets every Tuesday. One of these weeks, I will have to do my part and teach a lesson. We made a bee line to McDonalds for lunch. The last time we had McDonalds was when i was 4 or 5 months pregnant when I went through an odd craving for fast food. I ate a lot at Arbys during those months.... and hence, so did the kids.
Made it to class shortly after 2pm - dropped off the kids and went back to a close gas station to get Lucy some cough drops. Sidney was asleep by this time. Treated myself to a Caribou Latte.
Kids made "leaf' bowls out of cement and will paint them next week.
3:00 - told simon and lucy to clean up, as we were in need of picking up Perry.
3:20: met perry at his bus stop and took off for down town. Minnesota Twins vs Detroit Tigers. This was the playoff game for Central Division Champs (Twins won by the way).
3:50: Text onto my Facebook status that we were STUCK in traffic downtown and would be missing the first pitch.
4:10: Pulled into Dome parking lot. Put Sidney in front pouch/sling thing and the kids and I took off to the game.
We arrived home at 9:30pm. our day was done. 88.5 miles.
No comments:
Post a Comment