Our little lives get complicated; it’s a simple thing – simple as a flower and that is a complicated thing. My world is your world. People like to hear there names. I’m no exception, please call my name.
DAY BOOK LOG 2
A relatively cloudy day, but really cool music is playing during Day Book Time. I made a CD for the boys quite a while ago with some of the music that I listened to in high school. So, today, Simon put in a song from Love and Rockets
So, daybook number 2 – I wonder what other entries will grace cyberspace. Will they all begin with song lyrics and upbeat feeling or will some be of a mother’s angst against her children – wondering why she ever made this step in the first place.
So, three days ago, I turned the magical 40. It would be fun for me to take a cross section of 40 year olds within different cultures and sub cultures – compare accomplishments, failures, dreams un-weaved. I would like to ask a battery of questions :
1. What significant life experiences prove to make up who you are today
2. What has been a remarkable accomplishment in your 40 years of spinning
3. Have you made changes to the way you lived once you turned 40
4. Has turning 40 changed your disposition on life
5. How is life daring you
6. When has your life seemed the most complacent
7. When has your life been the most unsettled
8. How do you find peace
9. When was your life marked by a direction you wish you didn’t have to take
10. Has you life been a bitter sweet symphony - describe
11. What urges you to continue spinning on this wild ride?
Then, after we had a round table discussion, I would give them each a copy of Robert Frosts’ The Road Less Traveled .
Day Book time has come to an end. Till tomorrow.
I want to stay as close to the edge as I can without going over. Out on the edge you see all kinds of things you can't see from the center.
Kurt VonnegutUS novelist (1922 - 2007)
No comments:
Post a Comment